Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's all in the handshake...

There are some do's and dont's of excelling in an interview. I have gotten pretty much every single job I have interviewed for (once I was hungover for one in College... didn't get that one) plus I conduct interviews on a weekly basis. I have certain things I look for and if I don't find, will tune out the rest of the interview. The biggest and most important that sets the tone of the whole interview is the handshake...


Handshake: If you don't shake my hand correctly, we are done. This goes to men and women. Just because I am a woman, doesn't mean guys should curtsy instead of shake my hand properly. I promise, it won't break into a billion pieces if you shake it...get your mind out of the gutter... moving on...

I don't want to see the following: using the tips of your fingers to squeeze the tips of my fingers, don't offer me a "pound-it!", don't shake with the LEFT hand, don't just place your hand in mine and not squeeze.

I assure you I am not the only one who thinks this way. Give a proper, full handshake with a hearty squeeze. If you don't, you WILL NOT get the job, I can guarantee that.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment