Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Excuse Me Sir, Where Are Your Nuts Located?"

Peak my Pinterest: volume 2. This round went much better than the drug addict snowmen. I decided to tackle the Hex Nut Bracelet from Honestly WTF.


I started by trying to track down the right materials (obvi). Finding the rope was no problem. I chose two different kinds of rope to experiment with: one suede, one leather. 


Here is where it gets tricky. Unlike all the other people I read who did this project, I didn't just have NUTS laying around the house in an abandoned tool box. I went into Lowe's and walked around for 20 minutes unable to find the "nuts" section. I just was praying I would stumble upon the nuts and not have to ask the Lowe's man, "Excuse me, where are your nuts located." And VOILA I found the nuts... one problem though, I couldn't find any BRASS nuts.. grrr.

Then the Lowe's man comes up and says, "Can I help you with something?" and without thinking I blurt out, "Uh yeah, I can't find your brass nuts." GAH!

ANYWAYSSS... I grabbed my nuts and ran outta there!

PROJECT TIME!

had to tape down the rope, AND YES I bought new tape for the occasion!


You need about 18-20 nuts. Braid your rope for about an inch.


Then you will start braiding your nuts into the rope. 


Then continue braiding another inch down and tie off the rope.







Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment